16 Jun 2014

Tropical Flower Nail Art

Can I just say a massive thanks to all the lovely comments (espically on Facebook and IG) in regards to my recent one stroke nail art! I didn't think it was that good actually but its my most liked picture on Instagram! YAY! 

Inspired by that I tried one stroke again... and kind of failed.

This nail art was inspired by the lovely Gemma Lambert. She does a flower similar (but better) to the one on my middle finger in a youtube video for Naio Nails. You can see the video HERE



The middle finger isn't sooo bad but the ring finger isn't that good. Oh well, we all have to start somewhere!
I wanted to do Hibiscus flowers as this China Glaze shade is such a summer colour! Its Aztec Orange and is an orange leaning red, pretty much identical to Red Light Ahead, Where? by OPI. 
I love coral shades right now but this is pretty much red. The coverage isn't great and the picture shows 3 coats and topcoat. Its more of a jelly so even with three coats you can still see my nail line. BUT I love this shade, bring on the summer I say!
I again used the Moyra (vamp) one stroke brush and cheap acrylic paints from The Works.

What do you think of this attempt?

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 16, 2014

    I think you've done a great job, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice nail art
    http://leavepillow.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete