2 May 2014

Artistic Brush Strokes Nail Art

Effect Beauty has sent me a ton a goodies to play with and share with you all and today we have a very simple nail art using one of their nail art brushes and their silver Mylar flakes
Today I wanted to show you all a nail art that can be done using a flat brush. I usually save these for clean up brushes but I wanted to try out something different this time. 


I used 3 different coloured acrylic paints. 
The paints I used are just a cheap set from The Works. If you don't use acrylic paints then please look into them and give them a try. I used to struggle with nail art until I started using paints. They cover better and I personally think more is achievable with them. 

ON TO THE NAILS......




The brushes seemed alot nicer quality than the cheap ones on eBay. They are softer and I can wait to try more of them out! 
They come in a set of 5. 
The Mylar Flakes come in a bag of 5g but going by the tiny amount I use for this, that's going to last a LOOONNNGG time! 


I used the brush to "scrub" the colour onto the nail. 
Do not overload the acrylic paint on the brush. It needs to have like minimal paint on the bristles. 
I then placed Mylar onto one corner using topcoat to stick it. It reminds me of a mermaid! 

I used an unnamed light greeny blue Color Club polish for the base. The glitter polish is Laugh Myself Lily by KBShimmer, matted. 

I really like this nail art. It really does remind me of the sea or mermaids, Its so easily achieved too.

Effect Beauty have been very kind and they are offering all Life In Lacquer readers 10% off on their website. Just use code LACQUER at checkout. 
This code should be valid from 02/05/2014
CLICK HERE to be taken to Effect Beauty :) 

**these items were sent to me for my honest review. This are my own opinions**

No comments:

Post a Comment